You may have noticed that we not only have the new SM4BAT, but we are also continuing to the offer the SM3BAT. That's because while we recommend the SM4BAT for most cases, the SM3BAT has some unique features that you may require for your recordings. Answer the questions below to find out if you should be buying an SM3BAT or an SM4BAT.
Explore Our Blog
Search Our Blog
Blog Tag Cloud
Wildlife Acoustics Bloggers
You may have noticed that we not only have a new Song Meter recorder, the SM4, but we are also continuing to the offer the SM3. That's because while we recommend the SM4 for most cases, the SM3 has some unique features that you may require for your recordings. Answer the questions below to find out if you should be buying an SM3 or an SM4.
Our new SM3M marine recorder is full of improvements on our popular SM2M model.
Wondering what’s changed?Here’s a quick rundown of a few of the features we’ve added to make this our most intuitive and dependable marine recorder and noise logger yet!
- Heavy duty hydrophone cage offers greater protection
- Hydrophone waterblock prevents leakage into the device
- New heavy duty carrying case for the SM3M submersible
- Easier to program
- Alerts you when you’ve made a mistake in loading, editing, or running a program
- Complete control over all internal parameters
- Automatic set up--simply connect your hydrophone(s), load a program, and press start
- Status button lets you quickly check usage, battery voltage, and more
- Metadata embedded in the files and enhanced self diagnostics
- New circuit design
- Improved battery life
- Temperature-controlled clock crystal maintains clock accuracy at extreme temperatures
- Native SDXC support, meaning no re-formatting needed
- Nap mode allows recorder to improve battery life by up to 50%
- Record on 2 channels up to 256 kHz or one channel up to 384 kHz
- ...and more!
If you have any questions about our latest marine recorders, don't hesitate to contact us and we'd be happy to help!