You may have noticed that we not only have the new SM4BAT, but we are also continuing to the offer the SM3BAT. That's because while we recommend the SM4BAT for most cases, the SM3BAT has some unique features that you may require for your recordings. Answer the questions below to find out if you should be buying an SM3BAT or an SM4BAT.
Do you need to...
- record less than a minute at a time?
- change sample rate/filtering several times in a deployment?
- record at different times on different days?
- time-synchronize for localization?
- store more than a terabyte without servicing the recorder?
- record on two different channels?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then you need an SM3BAT.
Otherwise, the SM4BAT is the right choice:
- The SM4BAT has better battery life that the SM3BAT.
- The SM4BAT is half the size and weight of the SM3BAT.
- It features new, easy-to-use scheduling blocks that meet almost every need.