If your Song Meters are in from the field, winter is an excellent time to make sure they're ready for this spring.
Here's a short checklist to help you prepare:
- If you have our ultrasonic equipment, check your SM3BAT, SM2BAT+, Echo Meter Touch, Echo Meter EM3 recorders and ultrasonic microphones with our Ultrasonic Calibrator. And if you don’t have our Calibrator, add it to your field kit.
- Make sure you have cable extensions for your SM2+/SM2BAT+ microphone.
- Look for any evidence of physical damage and/or water intrusion to your Song Meters.
- Check, and if necessary, replace the batteries in your Song Meter recorders.
- Check your windscreens for wear and tear. Order extra for the upcoming season.