Each Subscription Credit represents one year's worth of Kaleidoscope Pro use for a single user. A single user is entitled to activate Kaleidoscope Pro on two separate computers.
Note, the subscription does not start until the license is activated from within the Kaleidoscope program.
If you haven't done so already, create a Wildlife Acoustics account. Any subscriptions that you use yourself, or grant to other users will be managed from this account.
- Log into your account and navigate to SUBSCRIPTIONS.
- If you purchased Kaleidoscope Pro online while logged into your account, you'll see that your account already has 1 or more available credits. Those subscription license credits are ready to be activated from within Kaleidoscope.
- If instead, you received a sales invoice for Kaleidoscope Pro containing an 8-character subscription code, enter that code here and click APPLY. You will now see that you have one or more available credits in your account.
A subscription license can be transferred from one user to another. The transfer can be between an Administrator and Guest user, or from one Guest user to another.
- Log into your Wildlife Acoustics account and navigate to Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions.
- Click "Release" next to the email address of the user whose subscription license you want to give to someone else.
- Under "Transfer from released subscription email address", enter the original user's email address.
- Under "Transfer to an unsubscribed or expired email address", enter the email address of the person who will now be using Kaleidoscope Pro. The new user must already be a Guest under your account.
- Press the "Transfer" button.
You will now see in the subscriber list that the subscription license has moved from the original user to the new user. The email address for the original user is marked unsubscribed. The email address for the new user is marked released, which indicates the subscription license is available for activation.
The new user will now be able to activate the subscription license via the Kaleidoscope License menu.
Please see "Activate A Subscription" for further details.
On occasion, the same user may need to transfer a subscription license from one computer to another. For example, a user may discard an older computer and upgrade to a newer model. The subscription license on the old computer can be de-activated and transferred to the new computer.
- Log into your Wildlife Acoustics account and navigate to SUBSCRIPTIONS.
- Click "Release" next to the email address of the user who wants to change which computer they'LL be using to run Kaleidoscope Pro.
That same user can now re-activate Kaleidoscope Pro on a new computer. Note that the "Release" button will remove all activations for that user. If they were using the software on 2 computers, they would now need to activate on both the new computer AND on the original computer that they want to continue to use.
Please see "Activate A Subscription" for further details.
This page provides instructions for the Administrator to grant use of a Kaleidoscope Pro subscription license to a Guest user. Note that the Administrator must have unused credits available in order for a Guest to activate a subscription. Multiple users cannot share a single subscription credit.
- Log into your account on the Wildlife Acoustics website and navigate to Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions.
- Verify that you have one or more subscription license credits available.
- Enter the Guest user's email address into the text box under Add a guest to share your subscription credits.
If the Guest user already has a Wildlife Acoustics account, enter the email address used to create that account.
Otherwise, the Guest user can create a Wildlife Acoustics web account later, using the email address you enter here.
- Press the ADD GUEST button
The Guest's email address will appear in the Subscriber list. If the Guest does not yet have a Wildlife Acoustics account, it will be marked Unregistered.
If the Guest has a Wildlife Acoustics web account but has not yet used the subscription license to activate Kaleidoscope Pro, it will be marked Unsubscribed.
Once the Guest establishes a Wildlife Acoustics web account, they can download and launch Kaleidoscope and activate the subscription license from the License menu using their own email address and password.
Please see section: Activate A Subscription" for further details.
You have the option of letting your managed subscriptions renew automatically once they expire after one year. If you would like your subscriptions to auto-renew, you must add a payment method in your Wildlife Acoustics account.
- Log into your account.
- On the "My Account Home" page, you should see a panel titled, "Payment Information."
- If you do not have a payment method already entered, click on "Add a New Payment Method" and follow the instructions to enter a credit card or US bank account.
Once your account has a payment method associated with it, you can select which Kaleidoscope subscriptions should automatically renew.
- From your account page on WildlifeAcoustics.com, click on "SUBSCRIPTIONS."
- In the list of subscribers, which includes your own account and any guests whose subscriptions you manage, use the check boxes on the right to select which subscriptions should automatically renew.
- Click "Update" to save any changes.
If you do not want your subscriptions to auto-renew, you can purchase new Subscription Credits from the Wildlife Acoustics web store and redeem them like you would a new subscription. See "Redeem Kaleidoscope Pro Subscription Credits".
Kaleidoscope Pro annual subscriptions can be managed by a single Administrator for multiple users. The Administrator assigns access to other Kaleidoscope Pro users. Administrators can also move Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions between different computers and users. An Administrator does not have to be a Kaleidoscope Pro user. For instance, they can be a lab manager, or IT technician.
Throughout this section, "Administrator" will refer to the person who holds credits for Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions on their account. "Guest" will refer to someone who has been given access to use the Administrator's subscriptions. This document assumes that you, the reader, are the Administrator.
- Check your Wildlife Acoustics web account to make sure you have at least one available subscription credit.
- Download Kaleidoscope from the Wildlife Acoustics website and install the program. At this point, Kaleidoscope will only allow you to use the free features, including the spectrogram viewer and file converter, because the program has not been activated with a subscription license. Auto ID for Bats, Cluster Analysis, and Noise Analysis will each be marked with a red X.
- In Kaleidoscope, go to the License menu and choose Activate subscription.
- Enter the email address and password for the account you created at the Wildlife Acoustics web site.
- Press the Activate button. Kaleidoscope has now been upgraded to Kaleidoscope Pro
In Non-bat Analysis Mode, the Cluster Analysis and Noise Analysis tabs will be marked with a green check.
In Bat Analysis mode, the Bat Auto-ID and Cluster Analysis tabs will be marked with a green check.