For most datasets, it is very simple to transfer recordings to a computer over Wi-Fi.
- On your iOS or Android device, open the Settings app. Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, and ensure that your computer is connected to the same network.
- Open the Echo Meter app and navigate to the Recordings list.
- Tap the Edit button in the upper-right corner.
- Select the recordings you want to transfer by tapping on the dark circles to the left of each entry.
- Press the Share icon, represented as three connected dots, at the top of the screen. This brings up the Share Recordings prompt.
- Tap "WiFi" and wait while the app compresses your recordings into a single archive.
- On your computer, open a web browser and enter the URL exactly as it appears on the screen of your iOS device. This will take you to a web page where you can download your recordings.
This procedure will work with common household, single-router Wi-Fi networks. If you are on a school or corporate network and find that this method does not work, see instructions for using Android or iTunes file transfer below.
Android File Transfer
On Android devices, EMT recordings can be accessed from the device's internal storage under "EchoMeter > Recordings." Here, you'll find your recordings organized into separate session folders by date and time. These files can be copied to your computer using your computer's file browser.
iTunes File Transfer
For very large datasets, or when Wi-Fi is not available, the fastest way to get recordings off of your iOS device is to use iTunes on your computer. Please see the video below for a demonstration of this process, or this Apple Support article for a written guide.