1. To activate a subscription license, you will need a Wildlife Acoustics web account. You can log into an existing web account or create a new one here.
2. Verify that you have one or more subscription license credits available as indicated at the top of the SUBSCRIPTIONS page.
3. Download the Kaleidoscope software from the Wildlife Acoustics website and install the program. Launch Kaleidoscope. At this point, Kaleidoscope will only allow you to use the free features, including the spectrogram viewer and file converter, because the program has not been activated with a subscription license. Auto ID for Bats, SPL Analysis, Acoustic Indices and others will each be marked with a red X.
4. Go to the License menu in the Kaleidoscope software and choose “Activate annual subscription.”
5. Enter the email address and password for your Wildlife Acoustics web account and press the Activate button. A message will appear saying “Activation Successful.”
6. Once activated, Kaleidoscope Pro features will be enabled as indicated by the following: