Updated: May 25, 2018
What information do we collect?
WAI collects three types of information: (1) information that Users intentionally provide to WAI directly or through its website, email, newsletter, or survey; (2) information about Users that third parties provide to WAI to augment or verify that information; and (3) information automatically provided by Users as they interact with WAI's Software or Services. Information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a User is personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") and includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
The specific types of Personal Information we collect will depend upon the Software or Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address (and company name, address, contact information, and other entity information if you are a business entity or other organization)
- Log-in credentials, if you create an account
- Billing information, such as shipping address, ACH payment, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Information you choose to attribute in connection with your devices (e.g., the name of the files or data you upload in a WAI application and share with other users or the name you have given for the device connected to WAI's)
- Demographic information such as your age, location or gender
- User-generated content you post in public online forums
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to WAI in connection with your use of the Software or Services.
Personal Information does not include aggregated information that, by itself, does not permit the identification of individual persons. For example, statistics about the use of our Websites (such as how many persons visited our site last month) is not Personal Information.
WAI collects Personal Information from you through:
- Your communications and dealings with us (including on our websites, in stores, at special events, over the phone, on third-party social media sites, and by mail or email)
- The Services that you use and uploads or posts to the Services
- Processing your orders
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
- Account and product registration and administration of your account
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services and WAI products
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms or email
- Your participation in sweepstakes, contests, or research
- Employment applications
Accounts. Some of our products and features will allow you or require you to create an account and establish a WAI profile or identification number ("ID"). This ID may allow you to sign into a range of WAI Services. It also enables WAI to consolidate information collected across a range of WAI products and services, which helps us provide you with a more seamless experience across our Services. When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described below. We and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf), may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Websites. When you use our Websites, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
Connected WAI Products. If you connect your WAI product (such as detectors or recorders) to the Internet or to a WAI software or application, we may automatically receive information from the WAI product about how you use the product. Such information includes:
- Device-specific information (such as your hardware, operating system, unique device identifiers, firmware version, IP address, SSIDs, durations, Internet connection type and carrier, network information, and unique identifiers associated with the device used in connection with the WAI product.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Server logs with details of how you used our Software or Service.
- Usage data, such as time spent using different features/settings of the product, the day and time you used the product, the media and other external sources to which you connect your product, and, as applicable, time zone, and transactional data enabling digital rights management (e.g., for licensing).
- Statistical information, diagnostic data, quality of the wireless connection, and error logs.
WAI Software and Mobile Applications. Our software "calls home" on launch to verify licenses and provide statistical information about usage. When you use a WAI mobile application or software, we automatically receive certain information about the mobile phone, tablet, or computer used to access the application or software, including a mobile device identifier, IP address, operating system, version, Internet service provider, browser type, domain name and other similar information, whether and when you update the app and your connected WAI products, date and time of use, and how you use the app, including time spent in different portions of the application, content accessed or downloaded, and list of systems and software applications.
Information We Collect from Others. WAI may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you with the WAI brand and improve WAI's products, analytics, and advertising.
How do we use Personal Information?
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing, order status, and accounting
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with updates and information about products you have purchased from us
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding WAI and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content we provide on the Software or Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Software or Services
- Synthesize and derive insights from your use of different Software or Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our Software or Services
- Provide, manage, and improve the Software or Services and their performance, and test and create new products, features, and services
- Secure our websites, products, servers, software, or applications
- Understand and resolve software crashes and other issues being reported
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
You may contact us to request a change to your Personal Information or your preferences regarding what types of communications you would like to receive from us. For example, in emails we send you, we generally provide a method for you to unsubscribe from future emails. When you place an order for our products, we collect the information needed to process your order. This may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, ACH payment and credit card information. We may also collect your IP address as part of a credit card fraud protection capability. We may use the ship-to e-mail address to send software license keys that you purchase.
We may use the bill-to e-mail address to send receipts and updates about the status of your order. We may also use your e-mail address and telephone number if we need to contact you in the event that there is a problem with your order. After your order is fulfilled, we may archive this information (including third party information) for our financial records and to facilitate the warranty and support of products purchased.
When you choose to be added to our mailing list, we collect your e-mail address, and may collect additional information that you choose to provide. We may use this information to gather statistics about our customers, and to keep you informed about new products, special offers, and general news about the company.
If you install any of our software products, an update notification may periodically check our servers via the Internet for updates to the software. If an update is available, you may be prompted to download and install that update from our website. In addition, the software may contact our servers to verify your license. We may use this information to validate your license and to improve the software and/or the updating process.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device ("Aggregate/Anonymous Information"). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Legal bases for use of Personal Information
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our Websites, products, software, or applications; operate our business and our Services; ensure safe environments for our staff and visitors; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Software or Services).
What tracking technologies do we use?
When you use our website, the servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of "cookies" or your "IP address") about your activities while visiting the site, including the web page that you just came from (whether that web page is on our site or not), which web page you go to next (whether that web page is on our site or not), and information about the browser you are using.
Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on our website. Cookies allow us to better understand how users use our website, which in turn helps us focus our resources on features that are most popular with our users. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but in that case, some portions of our website may not operate properly. Some of our web pages are hosted by a third party service provider. It is possible that 3rd party cookies will also be served to your browser.
We, along with third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or "pixels") that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
We, along with third parties, may use other kinds of technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. We also may use unique identifiers associated with your device, such as mobile ad identifiers. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For HTML5 local storage, the method for disabling HTML5 will vary depending on your browser. For Flash cookies, information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies can be found here.
We may receive additional information about you or your Users, such as IP addresses and location, from third party hosting services. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP address stays the same from browser session to browser session, but if you use a consumer Internet access provider, your IP address probably varies from session to session.
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed below. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
How is children's privacy protected?
WAI does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use WAI's Services or Software only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian. If we become aware that we have collected "personal information" (as defined by the United States Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without legally-valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
What 3rd parties have access to information?
Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features (e.g., voice activation/recognition services), advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. When processing orders, we forward information to our financial institution for credit payment and credit card processing and fraud detection using a gateway provided by our on-line security partner, Authorize.net. We may also forward information to a 3rd party for shipping. Although we may disclose aggregated information about the use of our website, that information does not contain Personal Information. Except as outlined above, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of WAI's assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, WAI will comply with such restrictions.
Public Forums. Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and WAI may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). For example, if you submit a product review on one of our sites, we may display your review (along with the name provided, if any) on other WAI websites and on third-party websites. Moreover, some of the Services may allow you to share information publicly with other users so that they may benefit from it (e.g. sharing the sound frequency of a music venue). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, WAI may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
How long do we retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is acquired or processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Your rights to Personal Information
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information as further described in this section.
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the "WAI Contact Information" section below at any time. Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
How do you protect my privacy?
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access to a WAI account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
WAI takes other technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services or via the Internet and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us.
What about links to other websites?
WAI's Software or Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such websites prior to submitting your Personal Information on such websites.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer's name. We do obtain the customer's consent, prior to posting, to use their name along with their testimonial.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Information will also be shared and processed in the United States by WAI whose principal office in the United States is located at 3 Mill and Main Place, Suite 210, Maynard, MA 01754-2657. Your information will be processed in the United States for the purposes described herein. As described above, WAI also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with trusted service providers, and trusted business partners in countries other than your country of residence in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of Services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
While customers who are located in the EEA are customers of our US entity, we recognize and, to the extent applicable to us, adhere to relevant EEA data protection laws. As outlined above, we may collect Personal Information from Users located in the EEA. To facilitate the services we provide to customers located in the EEA, we request explicit consent for the transfer of Personal Information from the EEA to the US. If you are an individual located in the EEA and you decline to consent to such transfer, you will no longer be able to use our Software or Services that enable the transfer of Personal Information.
If you are a User who lives in Australia, this section applies to you. We are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 ("Australian Privacy Act"). Here are the specific points you should be aware of:
- Where we say we assume an obligation about Personal Information, we are also requiring our subcontractors to undertake a similar obligation, where relevant.
- We will not use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose of our direct marketing to you unless you have consented to receive direct marketing; you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for the marketing; or we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent. You may opt out of any marketing materials we send to you through an unsubscribe mechanism or by contacting us directly. If you have requested not to receive further direct marketing messages, we may continue to provide you with messages that are not regarded as "direct marketing" under the Australian Privacy Act, including changes to our terms, system alerts, and other information related to your account.
- Our servers, which store and process Personal Information, are located in the United States. In addition, we or our subcontractors may use cloud technology to store or process Personal Information, which may result in storage of data outside Australia. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance which country will have jurisdiction over this type of offshore activity. All of our subcontractors, however, are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Act in relation to the transfer or storage of Personal Information overseas.
- If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act, to correct that information upon your request.
- If you are unsatisfied with our response to a privacy matter then you may consult either an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for additional help. We will provide our full cooperation if you pursue this course of action.
For more information about these transfer mechanisms, please contact us as detailed in the "Contact Information" section below.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by email telephone or postal mail provided below.
How do I access, change, update or remove my Personal Information?
If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may access, change, update, or delete it by contacting us by email, telephone, or postal mail.
In addition, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at .
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
Data Protection Officer
Wildlife Acoustics, Inc.
3 Mill and Main Place, Suite 210
Maynard, MA 01754-2657