Kaleidoscope Pro Subscriptions:
- A subscription is associated with a Wildlife Acoustics website account
A Web Account is identified by a unique e-mail
- Upon purchase of a single subscription, you are granted a single subscription credit, which can be
used to activate a new Kaleidoscope Pro license subscription or renew an existing Kaleidoscope Pro
- A single subscription represents a single license for Kaleidoscope Pro and can be used to activate a
Kaleidoscope Pro License for use by a single user on up to 2
computers for up to 366 days.
- The owner of subscription credits can create subscriptions on behalf of themselves and/or multiple
other users by referencing their Web Account email addresses.
- A subscription starts when it is first activated by the corresponding web account user on the first
(of up to 2) computers.
- Subscriptions and license activations can be managed by logging into
your Web Account.
- Subscription owners can transfer subscriptions from one
Web Account to another.
- Subscribers can move a Kaleidoscope Pro license from one computer to
- See "Billing" below for details about subscription renewals.
Wildlife Acoustics Managed Cloud Account
- A Managed Cloud Account provides three basic functions:
- File storage
- Searchable database
- Cloud-based computing
- A Web Account user can create a Managed Cloud Account
for no initial charge. In order to create and maintain a Managed Cloud
Account, there must be payment information on file for that account.
- A Kaleidoscope Pro user can be invited to join an existing Managed Cloud
Account at no extra charge.
- There are separate charges for file storage, database storage, and
Cloud-based computing. The owner of the Managed Cloud Account is responsible
for all charges made to the account.
- Billing is split into separate categories. This is because a customer
may use some functions of the Managed Cloud Account but not others.
So, the customer only pays for services used.
Monthly Cloud Credits
Wildlife Acoustics provides monthly cloud credits ("Cloud Credits") for each active
Pro subscription with a valid credit card or bank account on file
to provide limited free use of the Managed Cloud Account. The Cloud
offset costs associated with Managed Cloud Accounts on a monthly basis.
In any given month, there may be usage fees for any activity
exceeding the monthly Cloud Credits. Note that unused Cloud Credits expire at the end of
each month and do not accumulate.
Monthly Cloud Credits per active Kaleidoscope Pro subscription are
credited based on the following activites:
- File storage
- Up to 100 GB stored
- Up to 100 GB uploaded, imported or added
- Database storage
- Up to 1 GB database storage
- Cloud-based computing
- Up to 100 input GB processed
- Up to 100000 input files processed
Managed Cloud Account activity is charged based on usage. Cloud credits are
applied as described above to offset these charges in each billing
|Per-GB/month pro-rated file storage*
|One-time per-GB uploaded, imported or added*
* Billable GB calculated based on actual file size plus 128KB per-file overhead
|Per-GB/month database storage*
* Database storage is typically less than the size of
generated meta.csv, id.csv and cluster.csv files. Actual billable size is
based on the uncompressed size of generated .wdb files and can be checked
by looking at the "Size" column of the uploaded batch.
|Per 1,000 input files processed
|Per input GB processed
Additional File Transfer Options
- Files can be uploaded to or downloaded from a Managed Cloud Account via
Kaleidoscope Pro and an internet connection.
- For transferring many gigabytes or terabytes of data, Wildlife Acoustics
can transfer data from storage devices to the cloud. Please contact
Wildlife Acoustics for more information.
- At the beginning of each month, a consolidated invoice is created
covering Managed Cloud activity for the prior month as well as
upcoming renewalls of Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions (see below). The
invoice is divided into sections for each credit card or bank account
payment profile registered on the user's Web Account.
- For subscriptions expiring before the end of the next billing period
for which "Auto Renew" is enabled and a payment method is on account,
new Kaleidoscope Pro Subscription Credits will be automatically purchased (less any available
unused subscription credits) up to one month in advance. These subscription credits will then be
used to renew
subscriptions from the Kaleidoscope software after they expire.
- For all active Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions, Cloud Credits will be
automatically applied to Mangaged Cloud Accounts using the same payment
profile as the subscriptions.
- No Cloud Credits are available to Managed Cloud accounts not connected to
active Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions.
Each credit card or bank account will be charged at this time for amounts
- You can view your recent billing and payment history by logging in to
your web account. Additionally, each month, Wildlife Acoustics will email a
statement to the email address associated with your Web Account. Please
be sure to allow emails from wildlifeacoustics.com to get past any anti-spam
filters so they will be received. These emails contain a summary of recent
billing activity including links to printable detailed invoices, payments
made, and any amounts or credits due. In addition, these emails will indicate
if any Kaleidoscope Pro Subscriptions are expiring in the next 90 days,
and indicate the date and amount of any corresponding scheduled charges
(if enabled with a payment method on file and "Auto-Renew" enabled).
- You can disable "Auto-Renew" for one or more Kaleidoscope Pro
Subscriptions up to the scheduled charge date by logging in to
your web account and managing your Kaleidoscope Pro subscriptions.
- You can cancel your Managed Cloud Account service upon 30 days notice
to Wildlife Acoustics by contacting
cancellation, all of your cloud and database files, data and metadata will be