Android Device Compatibility
- Android OS version 6.0 or later.
- An OS version later than 6.0 is not a guarantee that the device is compatible, see the list below.
- At least 1 GB of total RAM.
- OTG compatibility. There are many free apps that can check such as OTG?.
- A micro-USB connector or a USB-C connector (USB-C requires an adapter, see section below).
- If a device is not listed, that means that we do not yet have enough information to know if it works correctly with the Echo Meter Touch 2 or not.
- Devices on this list (especially older ones) may not work with future versions of the Echo Meter Touch or may become incompatible with the current Echo Meter Touch 2 due to changes in the Android operating system.
- Google Pixel and Pixel 2 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- HTC 10 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Huawei P10
- Motorola Moto E4, G4, G4s Plus, G5, G5 Plus and G5s
- Some models will only work with the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro at 256k sample rate.
- Nexus 5x (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Samsung Galaxy A3
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Sony Xperia XA
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Google Pixel C (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Nexus 7
- NVIDIA SHIELD K1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and S3
- Motorola Moto G3 and G4 Play
- All Amazon Fire tablets
- This might change in the future if Amazon updates the Fire OS such that it is based on a newer version of Android OS
Hit or Miss Devices:
Due to inconsistencies in these devices hardware or operating systems, they will either work perfectly or not recognize the module at all and we cannot predict which.
- Oneplus 3 (requires female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter)
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Things to try if your Android device does not recognize the Echo Meter Touch Ultrasonic Module:
USB Adapters and extensions:
Extension and adapter stubs:
- If you have a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector, you need an adapter stub. At this time, we have found only two female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter that work with the EMT2. They are both available at Amazon in the US and UK. Search for "USB C to Micro USB Adapter, ARKTEK Type C (male) to Micro USB (female)" or "Tronsmart USB-C to Micro USB Adapter". Verify in the photo that it is a female micro-USB and male USB-C before purchase. We will continue to test new adapter stubs and add to this list if we find more compatible adapters.
- If you have phone or tablet with a micro-USB connector but have a case that interferes with the EMT2, then you need a micro-USB extension stub or extension cable. Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.
- To use the EMT2 at some distance from your phone or tablet, you need an extension cable.
- If your device has a USB-C connector, it is best to use an adapter stub described above and then use a USB-C extender cable (female USB-C to male USB-C). All such cables we have tested work fine.
- If your device has a micro-USB connector, then you need a micro-USB extension cable (female micro-USB to male micro-USB). Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.
iOS Device Compatibility
The devices listed below are compatible with Echo Meter Touch 2 and Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro with iOS versions up to 11. There is no guarantee that future iOS versions (released each year in the fall) will work on older devices on this list. With each new iOS version, more processing is required to run the increasingly advanced features. For this reason, it will be necessary for us to remove older devices from this list annually.
- iPhone X
(180° screen rotation is not currently supported, but will be added in a future app update)
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad (released March 2017)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPod Touch (6th generation)
Lightning Adapter Compatibility
- If you need an extender so you can plug the module though a thick case, we recommend the CableJive or Cellularize brand of extender. Both are available from Amazon in the US and the UK.
- We recommend the CableJive brand or Cellularize brand of Lightning extender cables. Both are available from Amazon in the US and the UK. They are available in multiple lengths and can be daisy chained. Be advised that there are several brands that do not work. Also, some brands only work in one orientation, so you may need to flip the cable over in the lightning port for it to work.