Android Device Compatibility
- An Android device running Android OS version 6.0 or later.
- An OS version later than 6.0 is not a guarantee that the device is compatible, see the list below.
- A relatively newer Android device. If your phone is older than 2 or 3 years and is not a flagship model, it is unlikely to work.
- An Android device with a micro-USB connector or a USB-C connector (USB-C requires an adapter, see section below).
- If a device is not listed, that means that we do not yet have enough information to know if it works correctly with the Echo Meter Touch 2 or not.
- Devices on this list (especially older ones) may not work with future versions of the Echo Meter Touch or may become incompatible with the current Echo Meter Touch 2 due to changes in the Android operating system.
- Google Pixel and Pixel 2
- XL not tested
- HTC 10
- Motorola Moto E4, G4, G4s Plus, G5, G5 Plus and G5s
- Some models will only work with the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro at 256k sample rate.
- Nexus 5x
- Oneplus 3
- Samsung Galaxy A3
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Sony Xperia XA and Xperia XZ1 Compact
- Google Pixel C
- Nexus 7
- NVIDIA SHIELD K1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Motorola Moto G3 and G4 Play
- All Amazon Fire tablets
- This might change in the future if Amazon updates the Fire OS such that it is based on a newer version of Android OS
Hit or Miss Devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Some phones we have tested work perfectly, and some do not work at all due to a hardware inconsistency among Galaxy S5 phones.
- ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- Some tablets we have tested work perfectly, and some do not work at all due to a hardware inconsistency among ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 tablets.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
- Some tablets we have tested work perfectly, and some do not work at all due to a hardware inconsistency among Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablets.
Things to try if your Android device does not recognize the Echo Meter Touch Ultrasonic Module:
USB Adapters and extensions:
Extension and adapter stubs:
- If you have a phone or tablet with a USB-C connector, you need an adapter stub. At this time, we have found only two female micro-USB to male USB-C adapter that work with the EMT2. They are both available at Amazon in the US and UK. Search for "USB C to Micro USB Adapter, ARKTEK Type C (male) to Micro USB (female)" or "Tronsmart USB-C to Micro USB Adapter". Verify in the photo that it is a female micro-USB and male USB-C before purchase. We will continue to test new adapter stubs and add to this list if we find more compatible adapters.
- If you have phone or tablet with a micro-USB connector but have a case that interferes with the EMT2, then you need a micro-USB extension stub or extension cable. Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.
- To use the EMT2 at some distance from your phone or tablet, you need an extension cable.
- If your device has a USB-C connector, it is best to use an adapter stub described above and then use a USB-C extender cable (female USB-C to male USB-C). All such cables we have tested work fine.
- If your device has a micro-USB connector, then you need a micro-USB extension cable (female micro-USB to male micro-USB). Most brands will work, though we have had occasional reports of ones that don't, so you will have to test after purchase.
iOS Device Compatibility
The devices listed below are compatible with Echo Meter Touch 2 and Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro with iOS versions up to 11. There is no guarantee that future iOS versions (released each year in the fall) will work on older devices on this list. With each new iOS version, more processing is required to run the increasingly advanced features. For this reason, it will be necessary for us to remove older devices from this list annually.
- iPhone X
(180° screen rotation is not currently supported, but will be added in a future app update)
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad (released March 2017)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPod Touch (6th generation)
Lightning Adapter Compatibility
- If you need an extender so you can plug the module though a thick case, we strongly recommend the CableJive brand of extender, called DockStubz. It is available directly from cablejive.com and from amazon.com.